Since I didn't blog much last year, I thought I'd share some of my pregnancy journey with you. I use the word journey, because for me, that's really what it was. It was a journey that taught me to love my husband in a new way, that taught me to trust God more, that brought us our precious baby, Paul, who I love more than I ever thought possible, that reminded me once again how powerful prayer can be, and that reminded me just how amazing God is.
April 17, 2011--We found out we were expecting(insert unspeakable joy and excitement here) and told my side of the family.
April 17, 2011--We found out we were expecting(insert unspeakable joy and excitement here) and told my side of the family.
April 22-24, 2011--We are in Colorado visiting Dan's family and get to tell them we're expecting.
June 8, 2011--We heard the baby's heartbeat on the Doppler for the first time.
August 3, 2011--We got to see the baby on ultrasound and found out we're having a boy. We decide on a name and manage to keep it a secret until Paul's birth.
November 8, 2011--Due to a continued decrease in fluid I am admitted to the hospital to receive i.v. fluids in hopes of increasing my fluid level.
November 9, 2011--After having pain in my upper right abdomen(more on this later), preeclampsia is suspected. I'm informed an emergency c-section may be a possibility depending on how my labs come back(major freakout commences). My mom, brothers, and sister come up from Beatrice for the day since it's possible I could have the baby that day. Thankfully my labs come back negative for preeclampsia so I breathe a sigh of relief and they head home. The doctor decides to keep me on i.v. fluids one more night.
November 10, 2011--I am discharged on bedrest with strict instructions to make sure to drink at least 64oz per day to keep my fluid at the more favorable level the i.v. fluids have brought it back up to. The goal is still to get as close to 37 weeks as possible (12/5/2011).
November 15, 2011--At my appointment, the perinatologist says, "Yay, you're a week more pregnant!"
November 21, 2011--Only 2 weeks left till our goal!!! My fluid had continued to decrease, but baby continued to be active and looked good on the ultrasound. The doctor says we'll wait one more week, but we should be prepared for the baby to arrive or need to be delivered here on out. We decided not to travel for Thanksgiving just to be safe.
November 28, 2011--At my appointment we find out my fluid has continued to decrease, my placenta has continued to age more quickly than it should, and these things in combination had caused a growth restriction, so Paul was the same size as when they measured him 2 weeks before. My blood pressure has also decided to suddenly spike by about 140/97 instead of my usually pretty steady 120/80. My doctor's appointment was at 9:00 am and by 10:00am I'm in a hospital gown getting ready to be induced...
Keep an eye out for my next post about Paul's birth story and first days of life in the NICU.

No comments:
Post a Comment