CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 10, 2012

Quick Fix Fridays: Mom's 4 Ingredient Chili

There are so many different schools of thought on what good chili is and isn't.  It varies from region to region and (as my husband and I have realized) from family to family.  While I enjoy my husband's favorite recipe, when I start to get hungry for chili this is what I'm hungry for.  I grew up with this recipe and I haven't tasted chili yet that can beat it.

You'll need:

1 Large can tomato puree
2 cans light red kidney beans
1 packet of your favorite chili seasoning
1 lb ground beef
1-5 quart soup pot

For this recipe I start by browning the ground beef (seasoning to taste)in the bottom of the pan.  If it is especially greasy or watery, drain the meat.  Next  I add the kidney beans, tomato puree, and chili seasoning and stir together.  I allow this to simmer on medium heat until it is heated through and the beans are tender.  I usually serve this with saltines and cheddar cheese, but it's also great with tortilla chips or for making chili dogs.

I love making this recipe! It's so fast and easy, plus it makes me feel a little less homesick when we haven't seen family in awhile.  If you want something a little more sophisticated this is also a great place to start.  You can add some onions while browning the hamburger, you can substitute ground turkey for ground beef, you can add about 1/2 a cup of your favorite salsa, etc.  The possibilities are endless.


For His Glory,

Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment