Life has been extra hectic and exciting since Seamus's arrival between our initial hospital stay and his 2 readmissions for high bilirubin levels and weight loss. I definitely haven't had a lot of time to have successive coherent thoughts, but little snippets keep popping in my head. Eventually I'll post a birth story, but for know I thought I'd share some of the signs around our house that a newborn is present.
1. You can put together breast pump parts with the same speed and accuracy as a soldier reassembling his weapon after cleaning.
2. You have decided that whoever coined the phrase "don't cry over spilled milk" must never have spilled or nearly spilled the breast milk they had to work hard to pump.
3. You have had a conversation/argument with your spouse about who is more tired.
4. You consume caffeine so that you will wake up faster when the baby cries.
5. You cannot take enough pictures of the new baby!
6. Discussing the baby's poop is totally normal conversation to have with your spouse.
7. Taking a shower feels like taking a vacation.
8. 4 hours of sleep is a "long stretch"
9. You sit down to write a blog post when the newborn is less than a month old and actually post it 9 and 1/2 months later.
9. You sit down to write a blog post when the newborn is less than a month old and actually post it 9 and 1/2 months later.
What have some marks that having newborn left on your home?
No comments:
Post a Comment