CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 28, 2012

Quick Fix Friday: Slow cooker pulled pork

As I was deciding what recipe to share with you this week, I realized that I keep giving you slow cooker recipes!  After this week, I'll try to shake things up a little and give you some fast, family friendly meals that don't involve a slow cooker.

This week, I'm sharing with you a very simple slow cooker recipe for pulled pork that my dear friend Christie shared with me.  As I write this, this recipe is simmering away in my kitchen, filling the house with the scent of cooking pork.  This recipe is so easy and sooooooooooooo tasty :-)  Enjoy!

Slow cooker pulled pork

Ingredients:

2 lbs pork loin/roast(thawed)
1 12 oz can of root beer
1 16 oz bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce
1 package of 8 hamburger buns

First, take your thawed pork and place it in the slow cooker.  Then pour the root beer over the pork and place the lid on your slow cooker.  Allow this to cook on low for 6-7 hours.  Once the meat is cooked through, drain off any remaining root beer.  Shred the pork using two forks.  Then add the bottle of barbecue sauce and mix thoroughly.  Serve on hamburger buns :-)



For His Glory,

Courtney






No comments:

Post a Comment