CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 23, 2012

What you're doing is ministry...

This past week, my husband and I had the privilege to attend a pastors and leaders conference.  It was a powerful time spent in the Bible and in prayer, a time to fellowship with those who are like-minded and our family in Christ.  I have come away feeling so refreshed and encouraged.  Several ladies took time to talk with, encourage, and pray with me specifically.  The Lord used them to speak His truth into my life and my heart.  It has so encouraged me, I wanted to share with you in case you are in need of encouragement as well.

1.  If your husband is called, then so are you.

I have no doubt whatsoever that my husband needs to be doing ministry.  Sometimes I doubt absolutely that I'm qualified to hold the title "pastor's wife".  That title carries different expectations for different people and I've always struggled with wanting to please people.  I am learning more and more (and was encouraged to) remember that ministry in the church comes after my ministry in my home.  I need to be faithful to live the word out as well as teach it.  Yes, I do need to be faithful to give God's word out, but that starts at home with my husband and my children.

2.  Loving your husband and child(ren) is ministry.

In a society that diminishes that which is done at home, it is so easy to become discouraged.  I have found my self in that unlovely place of feeling like I am "just" a stay at home wife and mom, like what I'm doing is not enough.  My own mother has in encouraged me in the past and several ladies at the conference encouraged me as well in true Titus 2 fashion!  In a world full of hurting people and largely void of true love, allowing people to see my love for my husband and son is a silent witness for the gospel.  A huge part of my ministry is to love my husband and my son!

"3 Older women likewise are to be reverent in their behavior, not malicious gossips nor enslaved to much wine, teaching what is good, 4 so that they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, 5  to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, so that the word of God will not be dishonored."-Titus 2:3-5 NASB

3. Do not grow weary in well doing!

Any one in ministry will tell you there was some point where they felt discouraged.  They felt that maybe they should look for a new opportunity or that faithfully sharing the truth was just too hard or the hearts of the people too resistant or the finances too challenging, etc.  If we give up, the devil wins.  If we decide to stop ministering the gospel, it's one more victory for the evil one.  Several ladies shared with me the exhortation of Galatians 6:9

"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."-Galatians 6:9 NKJV

Don't grow weary, don't lose heart!  Giving out the gospel is important and that starts with you ministry to your husband and children!  Be encouraged dear reader! I'm praying this would minister to your heart today!



For His Glory,



Courtney

 

No comments:

Post a Comment